FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
First Washington County COVID-19 Case Confirmed
Southwest District Health (SWDH) has confirmed the first COVID-19 case in Washington County in a female in her 70s. The individual is recovering at home. The source of transmission is under investigation. Additional case-specific information about this individual is confidential and will not be released.
Southwest District Health staff will continue their contact investigation. If other people are found to have been possibly exposed, they will be contacted, provided guidance, and monitored for symptoms.
Washington County officials ask all citizens to please stay home and stay safe, and follow the recommendations of the CDC, Governor Little and SWDH officials.
“As part of our investigative process, we work to identify and notify contacts of confirmed cases in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. We need everyone in our community doing their part to help us by following the Stay-Home Order issued by Idaho Department of Health and Welfare,” said SWDH District Director Nikki Zogg. “Staying home and isolating yourself from others helps minimize the spread of communicable diseases like COVID-19,” Zogg added.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Stay-Home Order issued Wednesday, March 25, 2020, directs Idahoans to stay and work from home as much as possible.
The directives from the Stay-Home Order include:
- Keep six feet between yourself and everyone else at all times.
- Engage in work, schooling, and social interaction from home via technology.
- Avoid interacting with anyone outside your household unless you can keep at least six feet of space between you.
- Use drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options as much as possible when getting food.
- Avoid all non-essential travel.
- Reschedule all social activities to take place via phone, video chats, or social media.
Questions about COVID-19 can be directed to the SWDH COVID-19 call center at (208) 455-5411 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Case counts for the six counties SWDH serves are updated weekdays by 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted on the SWDH website, https://phd3.idaho.gov/coronavirus. For Idaho COVID-19 information, please visit https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.
# # #
Southwest District Health
(208) 455-5317 or (208) 899-1268