Looking for a way to volunteer your skills to support our community?
NO MEDICAL TRAINING REQUIRED!
The Southwest Idaho Medical Reserve Corps provides opportunities for health care professionals and others to support public health initiatives and respond to local emergencies. If you are a health care professional, Student, or lay person who just wants to help, consider becoming a part of our team. Imagine yourself participating in any of the following activities:
DURING AN EMERGENCY
- Assisting with mass distribution of pharmaceuticals
- Supporting surveillance and notification efforts
- Delivering health education materials/information
- Supporting medical functional needs in a shelter or alternate care site
DURING TIMES OF NON-EMERGENCY
- Train and exercise on emergency response skills
- Administering vaccine
- Distributing emergency preparedness information