Fit and Fall Proof™
Fit and Fall Proof™ (FFP) is a FREE exercise program designed to strengthen older adults so they fall less. Classes target individuals 65 years and older, but are open to all ages.
These classes focus on strength, flexibility, mobility and balance and not only provide functional fitness, but offer a social aspect as well.
All classes are instructed by certified volunteers who have received training and instruction on exercise techniques and personal safety.
Functional fitness is the primary theme for the Fit and Fall Proof program. This will help the older adult maintain an independent, freely functioning lifestyle. Muscle strength and flexibility play a primary role in balance and maintaining physical activity. The goals of Fit and Fall Proof™ are to enable older adults to:
- Maintain an independent, freely functioning life.
- Improve muscular strength.
- Improve flexibility, helping older adults to reach and to bend.
- Increase balance and improve posture.
- Improve mobility, endurance, and walking gait.
Fit and Fall Proof™ Classes
Class participation is FREE and open to all. Click Here for a complete list of Fit & Fall Proof™ classes in the Southwest District Health service area.
- Meet in churches, senior centers, community centers, club houses, fire stations and more
- Meet 45 – 60 minutes per session, 2 – 3 times per week
- Evaluate fall risk and progress through the “Get Up and Go” timed test
- Allow participants to go at their own pace and adapt exercises to the individual’s abilities
Fit and Fall Proof™ Volunteer Opportunities
Fit and Fall Proof™ classes are led by certified volunteers who have received training and instruction on exercise techniques and personal safety. If you or someone you know would be interested in becoming a FFP class leader, please contact Southwest District Health at 208-455-5321 for the next available class leader training.
For More Information
For more information please contact:
Fit and Fall Proof™ Resources