Food Establishment Pre-Opening Questionnaire
Southwest District Health (SWDH) encourages all businesses within our district to follow the phases outlined in the Guidelines for Opening Up Idaho available at https://rebound.idaho.gov. The Recommended Guidance for Food Establishments document is intended to help food establishments to plan for safe and appropriate business operations as allowed within the phases of reopening.
Please complete the following questionnaire below and submit for review prior to re-opening to:
Southwest District Health
13307 Miami Ln.
Caldwell, ID 83607
Before opening your establishment:
- Follow Idaho Food Code regulations
- Retrain staff on all illnesses that they cannot come to work with
- Throw away any previously opened food items
- Discard any food items that are past the expiration or best by dates
- Re-educate staff on cleaning and sanitizing practices
- Provide listing of surfaces that are routinely touched by staff and customers and assign employee to disinfect their surfaces
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize entire facility, especially if it has been closed.
Southwest District Health recommends establishments follow any local or state public health legal orders regarding opening and operating. Approval of this plan does not exempt establishments from legal orders in place by local or state public health authorities.
For each section please check yes or no and provide a statement as to how the items will be met. At the end of each section, we are supplying additional good practices that may be taken to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread
If you have any questions filling out this form, please contact our office at (208) 455-5400.