Southwest District Health (SWDH), Environmental Health Services regulates Waste Disposal, in cooperation with the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (IDEQ), by approving the Operation and Maintenance Manuals and conducting the annual inspections at each of the three municipal and numerous non-municipal facilities located in SWDH service area.
Related links that may be useful:
Municipal sites are locations where household waste is sanitarily disposed.
Below are the locations for Municipal sites within SWDH service area by county.
- Pickles Butte Sanitary Landfill, Canyon County
- Clay Peak Sanitary Landfill, Payette County
- Goodrich Road Sanitary Landfill, Adams County
Non-Municipal sites can be Construction & Demolition Landfills but usually take the form of Transfer Stations (Tier II), facilities that accept household waste for the purpose of shipping the waste to a Sanitary Landfill.
Below are the locations for the Construction & Demolition Landfill and the Transfer Stations located in SWDH service area by County.
- Jack Ass Gulch Construction & Demolition Landfill, Gem County Idaho
- Jack Ass Gulch Transfer Station, Gem County Idaho
- Ola Collection Site, Gem County Idaho
- Gem County Transfer Station Montour, Gem County Idaho
- New Meadows Transfer Site, Adams County Idaho
- Washington County Transfer Station/Midvale, Washington County Idaho
- Washington County Transfer Station/Weiser, Washington County Idaho
- Homedale Transfer Station, Owyhee County Idaho
- Westown’s Transfer Station, Owyhee County (Privately Owned), Homedale, Idaho
- Opaline Tipping Station, Owyhee County Idaho
- Clay Peak Construction & Demolition Landfill, Payette County Idaho
- Lake Lowell Avenue Construction and Demolition Landfill (Nampa City Use Only), Canyon County